Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

I must confess that I love reading material whether it be books, newspapers, or magazines. I have a picture of me when I was probably about 3 asleep in my crib surrounded by books. If you could see my bed today you would find a stack of books and magazines by my side of the bed. I subscribe to all sorts of magazines so am sad when some of my favorites have called it quits due to this stinking economy. First it was Cottage Living, then Country Home and now Mary Englebreit's Home Companion. I have loved all three of those magazines and have found so many great ideas and recipes. I may be in denial but I am hoping that they will be like Victoria magazine that was out of publication for a few years and then started back up last year. I realize that they are just magazines but you also have to think of the staff that went into creating those beautiful magazines who have now lost their jobs. I am hopeful that this too shall pass. Meanwhile I will just have to content myself with Country Living, Southern Living, Better Homes and Gardens...you get the picture.

No comments: