Sunday, November 14, 2010

Does getting older have to be such a bummer?

So I was at dinner this past week with two good friends from college and while it was a good time I left there wishing I had said more when it came to one topic of conversation. One of the B's (both have names that begin with B) bemoaned the fact that she is getting older. I didn't tell her but she's already older. What I really wished I had said was if she spent more time doing things that made her younger she might not feel like she's getting older. I realized that the body begins to sag and wrinkle but the mind doesn't have to go there. It made me want to do something everyday that keeps me feeling younger whether it be physical or mental. Today it was listening to Taylor Swift's latest CD Speak Now. She has an amazing way with words and such an innocent optimism in her music.

No comments: